Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's Christmas Time

I was unsure whether I would decorate for Christmas this year.  All of my holiday decor is stored at my house in Salt Lake, 45 minutes away.  Normally this is not a big deal but when you factor in time to drive there, dig through all of my stuff, decide what I'm going to use and what I won't, then drive back home and spend time setting it up, I wasn't sure the benefits outweighed the effort.  I mean, in less than a month I would have to go through the process to take it all down again.  I have similar feelings about mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, and sometimes even making my bed.  Plus, my parents have amazing decorations and if I really wanted to get in the Christmas Spirit, I could just go visit them.  BUT.....in the end I finally buckled.  I do love Christmas.

Kayla, Joc, Brook, and Brin all came over and helped me set it up.  They did a great job and were really creative in where to put things and how to arrange them!  Especially with my tree since I have a tree and lights, just no ornaments.  It was so fun to spend some time with them since I don't get to see them as often anymore.  So, thanks to my four little helpers I am all set for Christmas!

Christmas is a time for Mo-Tab music and the First Presidency Devotional.  I watched it with my parents tonight and really loved President Uchtdorf's talk on being good receivers of gifts.  I told my mom that this is one area I should probably work on more this season.  Unfortunately, she didn't agree.  Regardless, I love Christmas because the gifts you give/receive are symbols of the love you have for the people in your life.  According to my list, I love (and consequently will gift) approximately 31 people this Christmas.  For those of you that don't make the list this year, you can either interpret that to mean I am still a poor graduate trying to pay off her student loans and the funds just couldn't stretch as far, or you can try to get back in my good graces and make the list next year.  But let's all be good receivers, eh?

December is also a month for family and lights and hot chocolate and maybe even a Christmas miracle or two.  Jill is going in for surgery tomorrow and I just pray that everything will go smoothly.  She is one of the greatest people I know and I love her so much.  I just hope that the doctors will be lead to do everything necessary to help her get healthy as quickly as possible.  Especially since, if the Mayans were right, none of us have much time left.

I hope your holidays are merry and bright!


3 comments:

Cade said...

Thanks Kan. Yes you already are a great receiver of gifts but one always has to stay sharp and on top of ones game.

Camille said...

You are killing me! Hilarious! Xoxo

Anaise said...

A Christmas miracle for Jill would be just right!

You always make me laugh! Merry Christmas!