Sunday, July 6, 2008

Proud to Be an American

It's July. For me July means fireworks, bbq's, and sprinklers. I don't know why I think of sprinklers but I do. Maybe it's because I have to manually water my lawn and consequently have to rotate the sprinkler location every other day, every hour. I digress. I was fortunate enough to attend the Stadium of Fire on the 4th of July and see.......wait for it......Miley Cyrus live in concert. That's right, I don't know if there's a better way to celebrate the freedoms of our country than by fanatically cheering on a 15 year old girl singing about loves lost and finding an escape from life's pressures. I hear those Jonas Brothers sure are gaining popularity among the tweenage crowd so I can only imagine the sort of stress Miley has been under lately. The Blue Man Group performed right before Miley Cyrus and it was just a little ironic that a portion of their show focused on the lack of talent among modern rock stars. It was a great night of entertainment and fireworks.

7 comments:

sarita said...

I'm so jealous about stadium of fire AND bbqs--I heard you hit the Roundy Rage. I wish I could have been there but am glad you showed your support and ate a hot dog for me (you did eat a hot dog for me, didn't you?

Cade said...

If the group that performed before Miley Cyrus was called "Red Man Group" would BYU still have invited them to perform?

Camille said...

I think I may be shot for this comment, but seriously she drives me crazy. She and that Taylor Swift chick. I am buggin' on their music... HOWEVER.... I would have LOVED to have been at this Stadium of Fire. I was reallllly homesick on the 4th, that's for sher!

Erika Bassett said...

So jealous! Believe it or not, I'm a fan of Miley's music. It also would've been fun to see the Blue Man Group as well seeing as everbody raves about how entertaining they are. At least I got to be the entertainment for my family, that was fun!

Liz, in New York said...

Ha ha! and Ha! again! This is the BEST critique of that concert that I've read so far! Trent and I were there, too (how did we miss you in that crowd of 45,000??) and were mystified by the wild hair swinging antics of Miley. Trent also said that perhaps she should consider facing the audience--did you notice how she kept turning her back? But, I must confess, by the end, I kinda thought she was cute and fun.

Good Carma said...

Okay I spent the 4th at Mt Rushmore and oh my gosh you have never seen a fire work display like it. All of us traveled a far and boy was it worth it. Some day everyone should be able to witness the incredible sight they had things going all day. Truly a patriotic day my grandkids will never forget. Don't be to jealous, just try to go. Totally worth it.

Carm

Sara Boulter said...

As Michael would say...

"You have one day."