Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm Baaaaack!

Yes, it's true. I'm back. It's no secret that I've been absent from this blog for quite some time now. I haven't been absent from life though, and that's why I haven't been able to update you all on my comings and goings. There's so much to tell. However, as I spent the better part of this evening reading and getting caught up on all of YOUR blogs, I became consumed with an overwhelming feeling of blogger envy. So many blogs I read are full of inspirational and uplifting posts that strengthen me and my faith. After reading about those amazing experiences I went to update my blog and felt that it was, in a word, shallow/superficial/lame. Mostly I use this blog as an outlet for my quirky sense of humor and refrain from posting anything even remotely serious or thought provoking. So I guess it is shallow, or my thoughts are shallow, or (gasp!) I'm shallow! I mean, is it really that interesting to hear about the next vacation I'm going on, or the next toy I'm considering purchasing, or the latest Hollywood gossip that has captivated my attention? I might have to possibly revamp my whole platform.

P.S. Just in case some of you ARE interested in my recent travellings, Alaska was amazing! I enjoyed it much more than I expected to! We went kayaking in Ketchikan, whale watching in Juneau, hiking in Skagway and then saw the Butchart Gardens in Victoria, BC. The scenery was breathtaking and the group of friends I was with kept me laughing all week long! I never thought that Alaska would be a place that I would visit, let alone recommend to others, but I must say that if you ever have the chance to go you should jump on it!!

P.P.S. Has anyone ever seen the movie The Ultimate Gift? It's a major cheeser but is really touching. I'm watching it as I'm typing this post. Rent it. Watch it. Love it.

P.P.P.S. There are less than 34 shopping days until my birthday.

P.P.P.P.S. I'm really not THAT shallow, right?

P.P.P.P.S. (last one, I promise!) I just wanted to give a big shout out to my cousin Mark, who has passed the first section of his CPA exam!! As one who has been in his situation and had to suffer through those hellacious tests, I take my hat off to his success (hypothetically of course, I'm not wearing a hat because hat hair doesn't really work for me). Take the time to congratulate him on this amazing accomplishment!!!

13 comments:

GreenPhoenix said...

Glad to read you again Kandis. And no, you are not shallow--your blog is a must read every time you post. I just love your quirky sense of humor and clever wittiness. Just a bit of FYI, you don't have to have anything a bit inspirational to have a kick butt interesting blog.
Good to hear that you had fun in Alaska. Jenny and I hope to go there on the second year of rotations.

Janae said...

I am glad you are back too. I think you should update more often. We went to Disneyland and I was so afraid that our hotel would be going green. So just in case I hung our towels nicely so I wouldn't have to use yucky towels the next day. I am happy to report our hotel did NOT go green. What a relief!

. said...

Alaska?! Did you see Sarah Palin?? Oh, wait. She's not there. Still, that's cool you went there!
I'm glad you're back! Even though I have a feeling you'll go away for a long, long time. We'll miss you.

Camille said...

You are not shallow. You are not boring. You should not have blogger envy. You should not worry about your travels or your hollywood moments or anything. You are a superstar and I LOVE reading about your fun life.

Our Family said...

Repeat after me: I am not shallow. I am essential to the lives of all of those around me. repeat that 3 times please.

Kandis, your blog is absolutely at the top of my list. The fact that you got blogger envy completely floors me because I KNOW that anyone that reads yours is envious of your funny writing style and wit. My life isn't complete without the "me,myself, and I" blog, and DON'T YOU FORGET IT! Are we clear? Good.

Oh, and thanks for writing about my cute husband. You TOTALLY beat me to the punch because I'm a major slacker. I hopefully redeemed myself with last night's post where I also gave credit to you! You're so awesome Kandis, I'm SO blessed to have you in my family circle.

Oh, and I know what you mean about the "old house" I want to have a sleepover one more time with all my cousins and slide down the stairs with sleeping bags really REALLY bad. Sigh. Why did we all have to grow up?

Our Family said...

Oh, and now there are less than 33 shopping days left til the big day, right?!

And, I'm SO glad you had fun in Alaska! It wasn't on the top of my "must do" list either since I hate cold and all, but you made it sound amazing! How fun!

AD said...

I missed you. I really did. This post helped make up for it, but the phone call yesterday was the kicker.

Maybe we should study for the LSAT together...wait a minute, I momentarily lost my mind. But I'm so glad you are going for it.

Diane said...

Hey wait, I'm shallow. Did you inherit that? Why couldn't you inherit my good traits like.. hmm, oh oh, I couldn't think of any. Is that the reason? I think you are hysterical. Glad you finally picked up the old pen (figuratively) and wrote a little. Gave me a good laugh. Gotta go shop. Not many days to buy all the things on that birthday list.

Judy Francisco said...

Me too--glad you're back. I never gave up checking your spot religiously, never lost hope, and then I found you back! It's a relief.

I have to comment on Jane Eyre--it's my favorite book of all time. I use it to soothe myself to sleep at night during hard times--just a little at a time, to savor each morsel. Then I set it aside, closing the cover reverently, a little caressingly, until the next time I'm compelled to reach for it again...

So now you're probably thinking you'll have to be real careful with what you say about it, right? Yeah, probably.

Anaise said...

I, too have checked your blog several times in hope of a new totally-Kandis entry. Please tell us more about Alaska, make us laugh, make us think, and know how much fun this blog is.

Judy Francisco said...

So your blog thingy looks different from when I was just here this morning! It's cool, but the date says September 28 on my end...

Um, about the Jane Eyre issue--I was kind of forewarning you that my daughters don't necessarily share my feelings for it. Could be a generational thing, could be that I've been reading it since I was 10 years old so at this point Jane Eyre and I are one in the same person, and I don't know which came first, chicken or egg. Anyway, consider yourself warned... (but I'm anxious to hear what Anaise says about it too!--I've already heard from Rhyetta and Karina...yeah).

Our Family said...

Kandis,

Thanks so much for the shout out on your blog!!! What motivation. Thanks for being such a CPA inspiration!!!

Mark

Shallay said...

I love the new look and agree that your posts are a must read!