Sunday, July 15, 2012

Moving Out (But Not On or Up)

I LOVE traveling.  Seriously, it is one of my favorite pastimes!  I haven't been too many places as I only began this love affair after I graduated from college and could support it.  What do I love most about traveling?  There are new people to meet, delicious food to eat, and wonderful new sights to see!  What do I dislike most about traveling?

Packing.

It's the worst.  Ever.

Even worse than packing for a fun and exciting trip is packing up your whole life that has accumulated over the last 3 years and then haul it all 1.5 miles away.  It's a good thing I have such wonderful, capable, and willing family members to help and support me in this transition!  :) (hint, hint, wink, wink).

Yes, the time has come (well, it will come in about two weeks) for me to move out.  Jake and Becky have been all too generous to let me invade their lives for the last 3 years!  It was only supposed to be temporary........but then I liked living with them so much I just never left.......  And I seriously don't know how I would have made it through school without them!!  It's been such a blessing in my life and I've tried really hard not to be too big a burden on their growing family.

But every good thing must come to an end.  It's going to be hard leaving such a wonderful place.  Their property is quite possibly the most perfect place to live.  I'm really going to miss seeing everyone everyday.  And listening to the girls practice their instruments in the morning.  And having Joc give me fashion advice.  And having Brooklyn give me the biggest hugs and be so excited to tell me the cool things she did that day.  And teasing JaKayla about all of her "boyfriends."  And chasing Brin around the house until she says those magical words ("Kandis is my favorite aunt, Kandis is the queen, Kandis is the princess").  And being able to talk to Jake about work and life.  And just having the example of Becky Jo, who is pretty much the most Christlike and hard working person I know.  And I might even miss coming home and having RJ and Diesel greet me at the door.  My small basement apartment will be so empty without all of them.

But I'm so grateful that they let me be a part of their lives!  And if their house alarm goes off in the middle of the night in the future, it will be a small comfort to know that it wasn't caused by me!!!


No comments: