Monday, November 5, 2012

Let them eat cake!

Two weeks ago marked the beginning of the birthday frenzy in the Bryant family.  Within 3 weeks we celebrate 6 birthdays and since we are all (minus Becky Jo) birthday divas, it's been a big party!  It's kind of a blessing because it helps alleviate some of the anticipation and excitement for Christmas (don't even get me started on the maniacs we all become in December)!  The schedule can get a bit complicated but here's how it played out this year:  

Cade's birthday celebrated 2 weeks early, Cade's actual birthday (which most of us have forgotten about because of aforementioned celebrations), Halloween, my birthday (not to be overshadowed by Halloween), Brooklyn's birthday, Landon's birthday, celebration of my, Becky Jo's, Brooklyn's, and Landon's birthdays (and yes, we sang 4 times, to us each individually), Becky Jo's actual birthday, and we will close the birthday season with Logan's actual birthday and celebration.

Pretty crazy, huh?

We love it.  

Why?  Because what should really be birthDAY usually turns into birthWEEK or birthMONTH.  And who wouldn't love that?

I turned 33 this year and I feel pretty good about it.  Several people joked about me being younger (21, 23, 25) but I was a bit confused as to why.  I've been telling people I'm 33 for a few months now so I was glad to finally catch up to myself!  I don't know what the year will bring but I sure enjoyed celebrating!  I felt especially loved and appreciated and spoiled. 

I'm not very good about remembering to take pictures but here's a shot with my little buddies while hanging out at Jake and Becky Jo's watching the CMA awards.  It was a great ending to a great day!




3 comments:

Anaise said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Cade said...

Feliz navidad sister!

Brooke said...

Happy belated birthday, Kandis! I hope you had an amazing day. Love you girl!