Sunday, October 28, 2012

Milestones

This week I hit a milestone.  Or rather, Nygle did.











It was May 2005.  I was graduating from college and it was time to get a new car.  The "Olds" would only last so long and since I had a full time job all lined up, it was time to get my own car.  Against the advice of my college professor, I purchased one brand new (I think this was at the top of his list of the 5 worst financial mistakes you can make).  It was an exciting time for me, and a growing experience as I didn't know how to drive a stick shift at the time (I'm pretty much a professional now).

Nygle and I have been through a lot together the last 7.5 years.  There was a time that I wondered whether we'd make it.  But just this week I looked down and noticed we hit 100,000 miles (I was trying really hard to capture the moment right at 100,000 miles but the best I could do was 100,008....which is actually fitting in a way because when I picked him up at the dealership there were already a few miles on the odometer).  

Although I do harbor a secret love for the FJ Cruiser, Nygle has been good to me and I couldn't have asked for a better vehicle.  Here's to the next 100,000.


4 comments:

Confidence with Corey said...

We need to take another road trip sometime:) I love Nygle! Such a good lookin car for such a good lookin woman!

Cade said...

Way to go Kan! Next time buy a car a couple years old.

Karina said...

Wait a minute... Is that your car pictured? Or is that the car you want pictured? It's adorable!! I saw my minivan hit 111,111 and it made me feel... unusually happy.

Kandis said...

Karina, yes it's my car and it is super fun! The car I really pine for is this:

http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/?srchid=google%7CSUV%2FVans_FJ%7Cfj_cruiser

A little bit different but the heart wants what the heart wants :)