Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March Madness

I lu-u-u-u-u-v this time of year! It is March Madness in every sense of the word.....

1. The NCAA men's basketball tournament
2. It is the month before taxes or extensions are due, don't say I didn't warn you!
3. I'm not 100% sure but I think spring has sprung. I'm hesitant to verify that fact because I don't want to come down with the fever, spring fever that is, until after April 15, 2008.
4. American Idol, LOST, The Biggest Loser, the only thing that would make tv better right now would be The Office (I miss you Jim!).

For those of you who haven't filled out a bracket yet for the men's college basketball tournament, I highly encourage you to do so. We're talking 64 teams playing 63 games in a time span of three weeks and it's some of the most intense basketball you've ever seen! It's a single elimination tournament so once you lose, you're out, and that motivates the players to play their whole hearts and souls out! I'm sure there will be quite a few upsets this year! Visit this site for up to date info on the scores and to see if you're teams are winning. We fill out brackets at my work and then I also fill one out for a little competition that I have with my roommates. Of course, no gambling is involved (cough, cough) because it's all for the sport of it. Also, I really have no idea who the best teams are but it's just a great time to see how well you picked the winning teams. Hopefully Kansas will go all the way and win it because that's who I have as my #1 pick. Now that I think about it, I think I choose them every year......

Anyway, let me know how your teams turn out!

7 comments:

Our Family said...

Hmmm....maybe it's because KANSAS sort of rhymes with KANDIS??!!! NO?

Mark made me fill out one of those bracket/form thingy's. He has it at work now and I'm not even sure who I picked to win. But if I win I get Cheesecake! If Cheesecake isn't a reason to fill out a slip of paper then I don't know what is!

JaNae said...

March Madness....good memories at the maxi-pad. Good luck!

Our Family said...

Good NEWS!! Mark said when he left work today that the games I picked were 7 for 7!! I was ahead of him by 1!!! Cheesecake, here I come!!! YUM!

Cade said...

How do 64 teams play 63 games?

Erika Bassett said...

Just the other day, as I was filling in my brackets, I almost put Kandis instead of Kansas. How weird is that?! Maybe it really is your team! Well, last year I was hoping I'd win due to beginner's luck but now I'm seeing there's more strategy to picking the teams. Hopefully, I can do better than last year to give you some competition.

Our Family said...

Ummmm....Well, since I picked Duke to win I guess my winning streak is over. Darn!

Tired of my updates yet?

Erika Bassett said...

Quick update~ After watching parts of the Michigan vs. Memphis and the Kansas vs. Villanova, I think your team and my team could be the ones battling it out for the championship. That would be intense!!! Only time can tell. =)