Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Is anyone else as excited as I am??????

From left to right: Emmett, Rosalie, Esme, Edward, Carlisle, Alice, and Jasper
Photos produced by Summit Entertainment

Photos produced by Summit Entertainment

Photos produced by Summit Entertainment

Okay, so maybe they aren't exactly how I imagined them to be but the Cullen family will be hitting the screens this fall and I CAN'T WAIT!! I know that I'm not the only obsessed person with the "Twilight" book series by Stephenie Meyer. I was perusing through her website the other day and saw these pics of the actors who have been cast for the movie that is currently in production and will be coming to a theatre near you this fall. To be honest, these specific actors would not have been my first choice to play their respective roles but I guess I'll take what I can get! Let's get serious here, I doubt there is any actor who could live up to the perfect picture we have painted in our own imaginations. So, I hope their acting is really good so that the movie isn't a complete letdown! It'll be a tough audience....every female that I know has really been "sucked" into these books so I'm betting that the film will become a major controversy among women. That, and whether Bella will finally become a vampire in Breaking Dawn, to be released on August 2, 2008. If you haven't read the books, I recommend that you do because there will be a lot of posts published this year relating to this very subject! You gotta keep up on current events.......

10 comments:

GreenPhoenix said...

Call me ignorant, but what's the "Twilight" book series about? I've never heard of it. Is it something you'd recommend to a guy or is it exclusively a chick thing?

Kandis said...

Well....I know a couple of guys who have read the books and they seemed to enjoy the books. I don't know what your favorite genre of literature is, the story contains some action but the major premise of the book relates to a teenage girl who falls in love with a vampire. Sounds crazy, I know. Check it out though and let me know what you think. You could at least read the first one to see.....there are 3 in the series right now with the 4th and final book coming out in August.

P.S. Who are you??????

GreenPhoenix said...

Who am I?! I'm your favorite MTC comp's husband. The guy you won a candybar from for correctly guessing my son's birthday.

Kandis said...

Thanks for checking out my blog! Tell Jen hi from me!

Shawn said...

They're not exactly what I would imagine from the books, but whatever. I know Hailey is looking forward to the next book coming out.

AD said...

yeah, so you are right that it would have been practically impossible for anyone to be what we think of as Edward but I think Rob Lowe would come close...sigh...but I can't wait for the movie to come out! I hope they get the essence of the story right! And thanks for breaking the news to me about Breaking Dawn! Can't wait to revisit her site now.

Carla said...

Hi Kandis! Of course I remember you! I try to read everyone's blogs but don't take time to comment. I loved the Twilight series. I even got my daughter Bethanie reading them and she hasn't been much of a reader. We're both anxious for the movie to come out as well as the next book in the series. Its fun to hear from you!
Carla
P.S. Yes I thought the color thing was interesting too, what color were you?

Diane said...

All the Young Women were talking Wednesday night about the movie and I hadn't had time to visit the website to see who played who in the movie. Who plays Bella? Anyway, glad to see those pictures. Count me in on the movie. Maybe I would like to see the movie before I read book 4 so I can visualize it more. Or maybe that would be bad. But in order to be "hip" with the YW I've got to stay on top of this!!!

Camille said...

WAHOOOOO I can't wait. And thanks for posting the name of the book. I am very excited. I wasn't sure if there was going to be another book out. boooyah!

Nikki said...

Love the series!!!! You have to check out the "project" page of her website. She has posted the first chapter of "Midnight Sun", Edwards retelling of the first book. I can't wait for that!!!!