Monday, December 3, 2007

Deep in the Heart of Texas

This Thursday I will be departing to the fourth largest city in the United States of America, and no mother, I will not be utilizing the public transportation system this time. I'm not moving there (for the time being) but I am going for the weekend for a very special occasion. One of my BFF's is graduating from graduate school to be a real life Physician's Assistant, which is practically a doctor for anyone who didn't know...I certainly didn't. I will be attending her graduation as she is awarded a "long white coat." It's kind of weird but I guess it's a special thing in the profession and is symbolic of transitioning from a student PA to a real life PA, kind of like the passing of the torch at the Olympics. I'm not sure exactly how those two events are related per say, but it just sounds like they do, you know? I'm really excited to visit Texas again though! We are going to spend a day in San Antonio and visit the Alamo (hopefully we'll go to the basement of the Alamo....this is a reference to Pee Wee's Big Adventure, it's a classic movie...if you haven't seen it then you're really missing out). I'm not sure what else I'll be doing but I am pretty bummed that I'll be flying down there at the exact time that Mitt Romney is giving his "Mormon Speech." I'm not necessarily a Mitt supporter but I think it would have been interesting to hear what he has to say regarding our religion. It's bound to be a pretty significant event. Well, I hope that this post hasn't been too lame...I've been suffering from blogger's block again but I figured I better post something soon or people will stop checking out my blog, and that would just be a travesty! I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and will take some time out to see the movie Enchanted, because I saw it this last weekend and it really is fabulous! One last shout out to Cheryl Ball, PA. Congrats!!


This is a picture of the doctor herself, taken many years ago in the Dominican Republic. Cheryl is the one on the left, but don't worry, she hasn't changed too much from this photo.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

What part of Texas are you going to girl? You are going to be soooo close to me...yet still so far away. Maybe you'll like Texas so much that you will want to visit Louisiana next...that would be awesome! Have a fun trip girl!

Our Family said...

YAY! I'm so happy to see another post! Don't worry, I'll never stop checking your blog...but I did give a long heavy sigh everytime I logged on to find the words: "ham vs. turkey"...how I began to hate those three little words... :) Love ya Kandis! Have fun in TEXAS!

Diane said...

Be careful!!!!!!!! Do not talk to strangers.

Erika Bassett said...

Once a fan...always a fan, and the fans always keep coming back even just to enjoy the past blogs and I am a fan! Hope you enjoy the Alamo!Tell Cheryl Congrats for me!

Camille said...

look at how stinkin' cute you are! Wish you were coming to Dallas... Lucky!!!