Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas to Me

CPA: Three little initials that have been the dread of my existence for the past....well, technically for the last 7 months but they've been hanging over my head for the last two and a half years. The scores are in and I've officially past all four sections of the CPA exam! I am living proof that miracles do happen! So, I guess I'm not officially a CPA yet because I have to take 2 ethics exams and pay a crapload of money but the majority (and the most difficult) parts of the process are FINALLY done. I know people say this all the time but words can't even describe how I feel! I almost started crying when I found out the news. It may sound really lame, why would anyone cry over test scores? Well, let me tell ya, this has been bar none the HARDEST thing that I've ever done in my life (yes, harder than the mission....harder than the marathon...harder than all of those years of school). This exam was the only thing that I wanted to accomplish this year and although this past year has been termed "the dark ages" for various reasons, I am happy to report that the sun is shining once again!!!! I just want to give a big shout out to my mom for all of her support, encouragement, and prayers during this whole process. I know a lot of people were pulling for me but it was basically her full time job keeping me motivated for the last 7 months. This will go down in history as one of the best Christmas presents ever!!

Kandis Bryant, CPA....sounds good doesn't it?

Does anyone have any ideas on how I should celebrate????

7 comments:

JaNae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JaNae said...

Back packing around Europe for a year...fun. Or you could go to south america for three months. (cheaper and you do know the language)

Nice job

Camille said...

CONGRATS!! I am sooo happy for you. Can you tell us a little bit about what this means?

Shar said...

I bet you feel like such a load has been lifted! I think you should go to a movie! Go see August Rush or Dan in real Life. Actually, go see them both! I saw Dan in real life for the 4th time yesterday and enjoyed it every bit as much as the first time. Have you seen it yet? YOU MUST! Martian Child is at the dollar theater and that was really good too, I think you would like it. Let me know what you see. Did you ever see Lars and the Real Girl?

Diane said...

Nice of you to give thanks to your mother but it isn't hard being a mother to a daughter like you. I'm beyond proud to see you complete something this huge and this hard. I had no doubts whatsoever that you could do it and I'm so happy that YOU learned that you could do it. Your family has been behind you all the way. We are so pleased to see you set a goal and accomplish it. Way to go daughter.

AD said...

KANDIS! CONGRATS! I am so impressed by this accomplishment. You and Nikki are obviously the brains of the family. I have an idea for your celebration: How about getting all of your extended family together and going on a CRUISE? I'm sure we could pull it together in just a few days....

Unknown said...

Anyone who passes their CPA is smarter than. . . .shucks, I can't think of anything smarter! I think
you are to be congratulated! (Or is it "congradulated" - the spell checker says NO.) As to a suggestion of what to do to celebrate, I think you should do something big, like. . .jump from an airplane and have a long runner attached to your parachute that says "Kandis Bryant, CPA RULES". Or, go on a Church History tour, or go to the Hill Cumorah pageant. Heck, GO TO NEW YORK - like you wanted to! Have a massage, or a pedicure (they're the best!), but DEFINITELY PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK 'cause you deserve it, Favorite Niece!!