Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Need Your Help....

......with a decision that I've struggled with my whole life. I can be pretty indecisive and I really rely a lot on other people's opinion so I'd appreciate it if you would take the time to respond to this very important post. Okay.....here it goes......I am trying to decide if I should cut bangs. There, I said it. I've been back and forth for months now, debating within myself if I should do it or not and I've officially decided that I can't make a decision. Here are some pros and cons that I have come up with:

Pros:
1. I would like a new look. People change their hair all the time but I just struggle with it so I end up with the same hair style day in and day out. A change could do me good.
2. Bangs seem to be "in" right now, or at least they've made some sort of a comeback but they could be on their way out soon, I'm just not up on the trends enough to base my decision on it.
3. That's about all I could come up with on the pros but I think they should be more heavily weighted since personal satisfaction with one's look and having a fashionable appearance tend to trump some of the superficial cons that are holding me back.

Cons:
1. I know people say that you can do anything with hair because it will always grow back but I've been working on growing my hair out ever since my moment of pure insanity when I cut it to my chin. The year was 2004 and I'm just barely reaching my desired hair length so I'm a little hesitant to make any rash decisions that will put me through another 3.5 years of hair agony.
2. Once I dedicated a whole journal entry to why it is not a good idea to cut bangs. I wrote that it is always a mistake.......even when you think it might be a good idea........maybe I should go and read that journal entry again.
3. My hair just doesn't seem to want to "swoop" the right way for bangs. It's a nice idea and I can see in my mind how I would want them to look but actually training my hair to do that is another story.
4. I have a short forehead and can't remember if bangs are good for people with short foreheads or long ones.....

Okay, so that is what I have come up with. Not really a very comprehensive list but I think I've covered most of the major factors. You may think this is a joke but I take my hair very seriously so I'd appreciate any input you have on this topic. I'll keep you "posted" on what I ultimately decide!

9 comments:

GreenPhoenix said...

I've always been a fan of bangs, but I can't really make an educated recommendation because I don't know what you look like in the first place.

Brooke said...

Kandis,
My personal opinion is that you would really rock the bangs look. I was skeptical at first when i was deciding if I should get bangs, but now that I've done it I have no regrets. Go for it girl!

AD said...

Bangs, all the way! You could start with some "side" bangs, and then work toward some thicker ones if you like those...i discovered that bangs aren't blown dry like they used to be...now you just blow them down and over...not at all like the bangs of old, so maybe your hair would work with the new bangs...the best part is that if you hate them you can always pin them back until they grow out. i know this is serious so i will pray for you as you make the decision...

Our Family said...

What a great post Kandis! I too, have toyed (is that spelled right? It doesn't appear to be) with the decision of getting bangs. I think you would look incredIBLE with bangs. I say go for it. Also, I think you'll always wonder "what if..." so this way, you'll know!

Katy said...

you would look so cute with bangs!!:)you should do it.

Good Carma said...

Okay,I was going to answer this faster but I have been so busy (buying a new house) Well I am the kind of person who goes, gets her hair done and makes do with what I get. Actually no matter how they cut it I seem to somehow comb it the same old way. So here's the deal, go on line to www.makeoversolutions.com, you can upload your photo and try on hundreds of hair styles, also www.stellure.com, I say such a big decision needs help, what better way than to see it before, forewarned is forearmed. Post your picture either way. By the way you are beautiful.

Aunt Carm

. said...

Oooh, I'm in the camp that says don't do it. I did it (a few times) wanting something different and I always regretted it. We seem to be on the same page hair-wise (I don't think I've ever said that sentence before...weird) and I think you would not likey. Although, if your hair grows fast, you can always grow them back. And if you cut them long, and maybe gradually go shorter, it won't be so bad. I'm still growing out some nasty bangs I got in November of 2006. So I'm a little bitter...
Good luck!

Diane said...

All of you who voted FOR bangs for Kandis are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! None of you know her like me and believe me, from the moment she cuts bangs life will be (hell). Do NOT cut those bangs. I am not strong enough to handle 3.5 years of complaining. Love You.

Camille said...

i think you better listen to your mama.

Ahhh she makes me laugh so hard. AND SO DO YOU!!!!!