Monday, April 21, 2008

Reunited With A Former Love

A couple of years ago I fell in love. It wasn't the take your breathe away, love at first sight kind of love, but after time I gradually realized that I was in over my head. It's like I became addicted. For various reasons we had to part ways but in the back of my mind I have always been contemplating getting back together. I have been a little hesitant because, what if it's not the same? What if my feelings have changed? What if I can't be as committed as I once was? My fears have held me back for over a year and a half. A couple of days ago I mustered up some courage and decided it was time to get back together. The reunion was a little bittersweet. I definitely felt different but also felt that there was potential for things to develop into something similar to what they once were. It's going to take a lot of work on my part but I guess I'm finally willing to take responsibility.


Hello dear friends, I have missed you! I went running for the first time in a long time the other day. I couldn't run nearly as far, or fast, or quite as effortlessly. But it was time to let bygones be bygones and I'm hoping to make this a daily habit once again.

6 comments:

. said...

Hey, good luck with that! I'd love it we lived closer and we could be running buddies!
Glad you're back in the blog world. We missed you, tax girl!

JaNae said...

Enjoyed reading this...laughed out loud acouple of times. I'm glad you have reunited. I have good memories of running. Remember when we would say a prayer before we ran so I wouldn't have to go to the bathroom? (still do that one...saying the prayer)...or when we spend an hour looking for your nike chip in the gutter? My favorite was listening to "so I guess that's why they call it the blues" sang and the top of your lungs during the great marathlon...I'm pretty sure that got me through mile 17:)

Cade said...

Run Kandis Run!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Diane said...

Oh how I wished I ran when I was younger. It is my regret of life.

Judy Francisco said...

Really, Pel, you regret not having run in your life?! That truly has to be the last thing on my list of regrets... Nevertheless, I wish Kandis well on her new re-commitment--you really had me goin' there for a minute, Kandis (I'm kinda new at this and am just learning how dang clever you bloggers are...)