Monday, April 21, 2008

A Stay-At-Home Mom, Minus the Mom

So for the last 5 days I have been able to experience what it is like to be a stay-at-home mom. Almost. Technically, I'm not a mom so I guess I didn't exactly experience what it is like but I was able to stay home from work for 5 glorious days. No work, no stress, and definitely no schedule! At my job we were released from our work for the rest of the week following the tax deadline so I was able to "de-tax" myself and try to get some sort of normalcy back in my life. I might have enjoyed myself a little too much. For starters, I was able to get more than 4 hours of sleep a night! Also, I went to lunch at Costco with my mom and sister. This is a weekly get together that I'm always forced to miss because of my work schedule. They weren't going to get together but when they heard I had the day off they planned a special lunch just for me! Another fun surprise was getting a text from my secret admirer, aka my cousin AD, and being able to go to lunch with her and her daughter who were coincidentally in town during my week long hiatus. I was also able to visit Sonic during happy hour, where drinks were half price. Yum.....caffeine free diet coke with lime and crushed ice......I was in heaven. Of course, what would any vacation be without loads and loads of shopping? I packed it in and it was magnificent. I'm embarrassed to report that I also went to a movie.....in the afternoon.....by myself. The movie pretty much sucked but the experience was a treasure. I'm sure that if I was forced to account for every hour that I had off, the statistics would indicate that I wasted 90% of my time because I really can't remember much else of what I did during those precious 5 days. However, I can't really remember anything that I've done besides work for the past 4 months so I guess it's okay. Maybe I'm coming down with Alzheimer's, would that buy me some more time off?

If not, it sure was nice not to have to go to work last week, I could definitely get used to that kind of lifestyle!

7 comments:

Cade said...

I think you lived just like a Stay At Home Mom. I'm sure our mother went to movies in the afternoon, went shopping, and drank Diet Coke all day long while Dad worked. I'm not sure why Jill hasn't taken to that lifestyle, but it sounds like something you work all your life for.

By the way I bet Jill would trade you ANY day of the week. The question I have for you Kandis is, Can you handle Landon for even 1 day?

AD said...

What fun it was to see you last week! And I know one more thing you did...fell in love with Captain Jack!

So glad you had a completely frivolous week. I'm wondering what movie was so bad you went by yourself and didn't even say what it was!!

Diane said...

And getting a Sonic drink for your mother who was working her head off was super nice. So glad you had some time to unwind. You needed it. Now, back to work!

Erika Bassett said...

You never cease to amaze me with how creative you are!!! I loved the post! I'm glad you enjoyed your time off. Good luck with "de-taxing". Sounds like "detox". Time to get it out of your system. Thanks for letting me spend time with you in Park City and helping me on my shopping spree!

. said...

I was just wondering if you're going to let your bro get away with that kind of trash talk!

Shar said...

K Kandis, you HAVE to tell me which movie it was! Please!!!!!!!!!! I would have gone with you!

Shar said...

K Kandis, you HAVE to tell me which movie it was! Please!!!!!!!!!! I would have gone with you!