Saturday, January 26, 2008

My new favorite recipe

So I have a lot of friends and family who are excellent cooks and they frequently post some of their new or favorite recipes to share. I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon with this one because I discovered a great new recipe this week! I know, watch out Betty Crocker! Okay so at the store, I think it's at any store but I purchased mine at Smith's, there are boxes of pudding powder. You mix 2 cups of milk with the aforementioned pudding powder and whisk it for approximately 2 minutes. Then you "chill" (this is the fancy term for refrigerate) for about 30 to 45 minutes and POOF! It's done! Total prep time is about 5 minutes, perfect for a family on the go! I added sliced banana to my chocolate pudding for a little bit of added flavor and it tasted fabulous! If you're not into chocolate there are a variety of other flavors to choose from. Also, if you ever forget the recipe it is listed right on the box. So convenient, right? If anyone ever gets the chance to try this out I highly recommend it because it is so tasty and just so simple to prepare. I'm excited to hear how yours turns out!

5 comments:

Shar said...

Love it Kandis! That is one of my favorite recipes as well. And once you've made it a few times it isn't so hard to prepare either! I'm submitting your name to Hollywood for the cause of needed writers. Watch out Rachel Ray! P.S. could you please get mad at Cade for me for not having me on his fellow bloggers list. Thanks!

Brooke said...

Kandis, you are hilarious!What a great recipe. I haven't made it in a while but I'm going to take your advise and add some cut up banana into mine. Yum!

Camille said...

seriously, sounds delishhhus!

And you make me laugh, thankyouverymuch.

AD said...

Could you post a few more simple yet sublime recipes? My daughter is headed to college soon...

Diane said...

What happened to those cooking classes I gave you and all your friends one whole summer? But pudding is a good start back into the kitchen. Hopefully you can get that recipe down!! Check the family cookbook once in a while. It won't let you down.