Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jack v. Locke

That is right, the new season of LOST has finally begun! I had almost forgotten how intense it is and sadly, how evasive it is. Everytime I watch it I hope for more and more answers but unfortunately I end up with more and more questions. So, here are some of my theories and some of the questions that I hope will be answered within the next 7 episodes this season.

Questions:

1. Who was in the coffin in the season finale last year? (I think that it could be Ben or Locke, I haven't completely decided yet but I'm probably way off).

2. Why the heck did Charlie feel like he had to lock himself in the hatch to "save" Desmond? (He easily could have swam out of the hatch with Desmond.....maybe we should be examining the motivations behind Desmond's "premonitions").

3. Will Kate choose Jack or Sawyer? (Puh-lease tell me that no one is even considering the Kate and Jack combo.....Jack's little declaration of love last season was quite laclustre).

4. How did the original Others come to arrive on the island? (The ones that were hostile to those belonging to the Dahrma Initiative, the ones who were so eager to make Ben their leader after he grew up and assinated all of his friends and family, and the ones who are now possibly turning to Locke for leadership).

5. Is Jacob for real? (.......yeah, I just don't get this whole story line. Where are they going with this?).

Theories:

I don't really have to many theories at this point. I was so sure at the end of last season that Ben was the one in the coffin but now that I found out that there were only 6 who were rescued, I'm just not so confident anymore. Why would only 6 be rescued? And we know for sure that they include Jack, Kate, and Hurley because of the flash forwards (which was such a brilliant move on the part of the writers if you ask me). Also, I'm not sure who to trust at this point.....Jack.....Locke.......Ben.......Jack has a God complex so I almost want to not like him anymore but then Rose sided with him at the end of the premiere. I really like Rose and Bernard, I think they are solid and know what's up. Locke has been pretty level headed since the beginning but he's kind of falling off his rocker after the Others have accepted him in their group and may even be looking to him as a leader. Ben is so cracked out but he may be psycho enough to be telling the truth. Who would I choose? Boy, I'm glad I'm not in that predicament.

It also appears that the "6" who were saved left behind everyone else but swore to keep it a secret and never go back. Maybe everyone else does die but I just think that would be a travesty. You know they'll go back though, Jack usually ends up doing the right thing after he realizes the extent of the situation and goes into an alcoholic frenzy. They have to go back.

I guess I choose Jack.

5 comments:

sarita said...

I choose Jack, too. He's the least crazy of them all (which doesn't say much for his sanity if you ask me). Plus, let's be honest here--I would choose him for the same reason I choose Mitt Romney---he's the nicest to look at. :)

. said...

Kandis, you are my GIRL! I LOVE Lost. I am psyched about the new episodes, but sooo sad there are only 8. I'm going to get all hooked and have to wait another year for my fix.
Anyway, I have some of your same pressing questions. In the coffin, I'm thinking Ben. I like the idea that Jack dragged him along and made him get on the boat! And yes, why DIDN'T Charlie swim out with Desmond? I guess he had to go do a movie.
Anyway, I can't wait to find out how it all unfolds.
P.S. I choose Locke! He's been my fave from the beginning. Sure, he's creepy and a little bit murderous, but I like that "man of faith" thing he has going on. He also seems to be the most rational on the island. Jack and Sawyer are a little nutso.

AD said...

I finally got to watch Lost today! Holy HECK! You are right, Kandis--more questions than answers. Okay, so I would have gone with Locke--I'm with Trish, he seems to have been the voice of reason throughout the whole show but that may be changing... Jack was so tortured in the last season finale about the decision he made and how desperately he wanted to get back to undo whatever he did. Having said that...Hurley said he should have gone with Jack and not Locke...PLEEZ END THE WRITERS STRIKE...if not then we are all in deep dark trouble!!!

Wendy L said...

I DON'T GET IT.

Camille said...

I am cracking up at Wendy's comment.

I don't even know where to begin.

I don't think it's Ben in the casket nor is it Locke. I think that's just too predictable.

I think that there is no way everyone else got killed, so I'm dying to know what happened to them (besides the 6, right.)

And I hope hope hope that we get some answers soon b/c I haven't been in such a quandry in forever. Watching last Thursday seriously sent me into the ER!!!

And I choose Locke. Hands down. yummy yum.