Tuesday, January 15, 2008

One is the loneliest number...

I know what you're all expecting.....a blog update with fabulous pictures from the AMAZING cruise that I just went on to the Western Caribbean (Key West, Cozumel, and Belize). Maybe something like a photo of me drinking a virgin margarita out of a pineapple with a little umbrella in it? Or perhaps a before and after of an awesome tan? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but after a whole week of laughs, fun, sun, and tons and tons of food....I only have one single photo to show for it and I'm not even sure what that pic is of, or what I'm doing, or where it is! I know, I know.
Okay, in my defense I do have access to a roommate who went on the cruise and subsequently took over 400 photos....I just don't have access to those photos right at this moment. So, in order to update the blog because I've had some complaints and frankly I think it's a little rude....give me some time to recoup people! Anyway, I am going to list the top 10 moments of the cruise to satiate any of your blogging hunger. Photos will hopefully follow but I make no promises!

10. Sitting by channel 5 news celeb John Hollenhorst on the plane ride home....my one and only claim to fame. He tried to hit on my mom but she just wouldn't have it. It's a good thing too because my dad was REAL excited to see her and I think that would've just broken his heart.

9. Going to Keith and Lara's wedding at the beach in Key West and seeing how so dang happy they are to be together! Oh, and the "ugly naked guy" in some of the wedding photos.

8. Meeting our stateroom guy (that's the classy way of saying "housekeeper" or "slave") and finding out his name was Nygle....just like my car! I knew then that it was my destiny to go on the cruise.

7. Seeing our head waiter flirt with my aunt Marion and then teasing her about it the rest of the trip!

6. Being eye witness to my uncle Lamont throwing my mom fully clothed in the swimming pool at the "trash the dress" ceremony! If I wasn't there to see it I never would've believed it!!

5. Having Erika ask me at the airport right before going through security, "does this lotion count as a liquid?" Yes Erika, it counts. "How about my lip gloss?" Yup, that would count too. "So would this hand sanitizer be considered a liquid too......" Maybe you had to be there but with zero sleep the night before I was feeling just a little lupey and it kept me laughing all week!

4. Having Cade scream in my ear every 15 seconds via the walkie-talkies in Cozumel, "Hey Kan, are you and Erika done shopping yet? Jill and I want to go to the beach so if you guys are going to we might as well share a cab." "Hey Kan, what's you're ETA so we can catch a cab?" "Kan, are you guys done shopping? How long do you think you'll be? Jill and I would really like to share a cab with you and Erika if you're going to the beach." "Kan, where are you at?" "About how much longer do you and Erika think you'll be shopping? Jill and I are just here at the end of the strip and it'd be more cost efficient if we all shared a cab." "Kan, come in Kan. Are you and Erika interested in sharing a cab with Jill and I?" "We've got a cab here if you and Erika are interested in going to the beach....we could share one." Yes, these are direct quotes and were all uttered within a 10 minute time span. I didn't say these were my top 10 favorite moments...just the most memorable and in Cade's exact words "some things just never change."

3. Seeing my cousin Sharla, Mary, and my aunt Martha on the zip line in Belize. Their screams will forever be embedded in my ears!

2. Being first in line with my 2nd cousin Jaron for the cave tubing excursion in Belize. "Extreme butts up!"

And the winner is.....

1. Winning a free movie from Sharla because although she thought Patrick Dempsey was the hottest male actor behind Brad Pitt and George Clooney, I knew in my heart it was Matt Damon and it paid off! I tried to tell her, I really did, but she just wouldn't listen. Hey Shar, when are we going to see 27 Dresses?

14 comments:

sarita said...

I'm still laughing about you and Erika at the airport. I felt like I was there!! Thanks for quenching my blog-reading thirst.

ps--Let me know if "Eat, Pray, Love" is worth reading, ok?

Wendy L said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That's what I had to do after reading this post. Extreme Jealousy on my part.

Diane said...

You did a great highlight of the week away. Such fun being with you and the fam. I miss you. You might have to move home!!

Shar said...

Hey girl, just checked in. i have been SO sick. I'm so glad I didn't feel like this on the cruise! When can you go! Do you work everyday til 5ish? Do you want to go Saturday, or friday night? loved your top ten. I haven't been able to post any pics because i had to download them onto brandons ipod on the cruise to make room for more pics on my camera and now i dont know how to get them off!

. said...

So what I wanna know is whether your Mom will be speaking to Uncle Lamont ever again. That would have been a priceless moment. I hope you guys got pictures of that! Oh, and the naked guy at the wedding...sounds like the stuff memories are made of. Glad you're back safe!

AD said...

Wasn't it a blast? One of my top tens would have discovering what a fun cousin you are. Its nice we're at the point where age is not a barrier to relationships! We look forward to your promised visit with Nygle. Oh and another thing that has kept me laughing since I've been home was Cade's comment to you in the library about the skeletons in the family closet. "Let's just say if there were an offender list back then, they'd all be on it." Definitely a classic.

Our Family said...

LOVED this post Kandis! It made me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous that I wasn't there. I'm dying to see the pictures!!!

Confidence with Corey said...

sounds like you had a blast kandis! I'm so glad you're back. Still no word from homeboy.... We should get together soon!C

Confidence with Corey said...

sounds like you had a blast kandis! I'm so glad you're back. Still no word from homeboy.... We should get together soon!

Camille said...

Funniest thing ever. Even funnier that my mom is leaning over my shoulder and needs her Depends. I just heard about the Aunt Ellen in the water with Uncle Lamont tonight for the first time and I still can't believe it. I must admit seeing Aunt Ellen in her skimmies in the water would have had me rollin'.

Shar said...

I got to be right by Aunt Ellen when she came out of the pool and, as she pulled her hair away from her face, said, "Well! That was refreshing!" What a great sport! I dont know which is funnier, hearing her say that, or her face when she asked Kandis if you could see through her wet dress and Kandis said yes!:) Hey Kandis are you gonna see this tonight? I dont know if it's too late to call you. It starts at 11:00 straight up. I'll call you in the morning!

Shar said...

Kandis I am mad at you for paying me for the movie. That was not how it was supposed to go down! Especially when you drive clear out to my theater! I guess that just means that we have to go to another one, and I mean it, I am buying this time!!! See you soon!

Sara Boulter said...

I always check out your blog and I never post a comment. I'm lame. I LOVE reading what you write and I check back often to see what's new. I heard a rumor that you live or work by me....is this the truth? If it's true then I want to fight you. If it's a lie, then I want to not fight you. What's it gonna be Bryant?
This is your cousin Sara btw. Short, blonde...with a limp. Got it now?

Kandis said...

Sara! I totally know who you are and I love checking out your website to see all of the cool pics you take! I guess you want to fight me....I'm not sure where you live but I work in Bountiful. 1564 S 500 W. We should get together for lunch sometime! And yes, you are lame for waiting so long to post a comment!